Accredited Integrative Counsellor – depression, stress and anxiety management, bereavement, anger management, couples counselling, therapy for children and young people including those on the autistic spectrum. Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), psychoanalysis, person-centred, play therapy.
A few words about myself
Tiffany Muharrem, Bsc (Hons) Accredited. MBACP
I am a fully qualified integrative counsellor which can be seen as one of the most effective forms of counselling. It combines a variety of approaches to suit your individual needs including psychoanalysis, person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). I help people struggling with a range of issues including:
- Panic disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management
- Low self-esteem
- Social anxiety
- Fears and phobias
- Employment issues
- Identity issues
- Feeling sad
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship issues
- Domestic violence
Sometimes it can be difficult to express ‘real’ emotions as we can often feel guilt or shame - we may even fear disapproval from others. Everybody experiences negative emotions like anger, guilt, jealously or depression and there is nothing ‘bad’ about these feelings, in themselves. They are just your response to certain situations. My aim in working with you is to provide a warm and non-judgmental space where you can freely express and explore your thoughts and feelings, helping you to improve your awareness of yourself. Feeling emotionally overwhelmed can be a lonely place and through our work together I will support you in addressing your current situation. I also like to work creatively, using methods to help clients communicate when words have become too difficult.
I currently offer face-to-face, online and telephone counselling. I also offer walk and talk therapy, where the counselling session takes place outdoors walking side by side. For some people, walking outside might itself confront issues they would like to address such as a fear of open spaces or a fear of feeling judged for their appearance.
Counselling teenagers - I have worked as a school counsellor at a secondary school in the London borough of Lambeth, counselling teenagers struggling with a range of difficulties including bullying, parent separation, exam stress, self-harm, sexuality, identity issues and those on the autistic spectrum. I have completed Child Protection and safeguarding training and I hold an up-to-date DBS Certificate to work with children and young people. I like to integrate some creative arts approaches with my younger clients including play therapy and art therapy, as I believe this allows a deeper level of understanding to unfold.
Couples counselling - The aim of couples counselling is to help couples reflect on the past and how it operates in the present day. Couples counselling can help you and your partner find ways to communicate in a more constructive way. I have completed a six-month couples counselling course and worked with many couples in private practice over the past five years. Please note couples counselling sessions take place at Kingston office only or online via Zoom.
I have a diploma in Mindfulness which serves to support personal growth and looks at working with stress management through breath work, creative visualisations and meditation. Mindfulness has also been proven to help lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain and improve sleep.
I am registered with Bupa, Vitality and Health Assured. Please feel free to contact me to access counselling through your health insurance.
I am always happy to have a chat over the phone to discuss your needs and any questions you might have. If you decide to commit to counselling we will meet on a weekly basis either on a short-term or open ended basis. Call me to book an appointment or send me an email.
My qualifications include:
- Accredited counsellor with The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Bsc (Hons) Integrative Counselling from Roehampton University.
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills from Kingston College.
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing from St Mary's University College.
- Certificate in Couple Dynamics.
- Love and its Shadows - existential perspectives on love and relationships.
- Relationships and Infertility - working with couples undergoing the distress of infertility.
- NHS Clinical Development Training.
- Bereavement Counselling from Cruse.
- Diploma in Mindfulness.
- Suicidal Ideation - working with bereavement.
- Creativity and Play Workshop - working creatively with adults.
- Certificate in Spiritual Healing from The Healing Trust.
- Applying theories of grief to practice.
- Supporting Children who have experienced early years trauma and broken attachments on childhood development.
- Understanding and Managing Anxiety in Children and Young People
- Certificate in Autism: play, friendship and social relations.
- Understanding and Managing Self-harm.
- Adapting Therapy for people on the Autistic Spectrum
- Working with obesity - looking at food addiction/binge eating disorder.
- Masculinity - working with men in therapy.
- Child Protection Certificate/DBS Certificate