Family & Systemic Psychotherapist. Qualified Systemic Supervisor. Women's issues, fertility, gender roles, parenting, foster care & adoption. Child & adolescent mental health.
A few words about myself
I am a Systemic and Family psychotherapist with a special interest in women's issues including fertility, gender roles and parenting. I work in the National Health Service and in private practice and have over seventeen years of experience working with children and families. I work with individuals, couples, families, carers and other involved people such as doctors, teachers and family friends. I offer a safe and confidential environment within the private rooms at Asana Health, in which individuals, couples or families can explore and think about their relationships and difficulties and issues they experience. I work alongside clients in a way that is most helpful to them.
Family and systemic therapy can be useful in times of crisis and also with regard to longstanding problems. It also serves to prevent problems such as behavioural difficulties in children and improves parenting skills. Some of the issues or situations in which a family could benefit from family therapy are listed bellow.
- Promoting parenting skills and communication among family members
- Relationship difficulties
- Health problems, particularly chronic physical illnesses
- Psychosomatic problems
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Adult mental health
- Psychosexual difficulties
- Alcohol and other substance abuse
- Marital problems including lack of communication, separation and divorce
- Domestic violence
- Foster care and adoption
- Family life cycle and transitional stages of life issues
- School-related problems
- Work-related problems
- Traumatic experiences, loss and bereavement
- Disruption of family life due to social, political and religious conflicts
I am registered with The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
I am a member of Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT) and HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)
MSc in Family and Systemic Psychotherapy
PGDip in Applied Systemic Theory
Advanced Diploma in the Supervision of Family and Systemic Psychotherapy
MA in Social Research
MA in Social Work
Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information about family therapy and to discuss how I may be able to help you.
Call: 07800 894 891