Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Online Support, Well-Being Courses, Peer Support
A few words about myself
Gemma Mead, BA (Hons) BSc (Hons) RMN PgDip CBT Cert MBCT
I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Mindfulness Practitioner (Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy) and a registered Mental Health Nurse. I am a member of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP); a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP); and licenced for practice with the NMC (Nursing Midwifery Council). I have over 12 years of qualified clinical experience behind me and I have supported many people to overcome a wide range of mental health conditions and emotional problems, within the NHS, private practice, education, forensics and the voluntary sector. I also work with children under the age of 16 years, accompanied by their parents, guardians or carers. When providing therapy for children I follow the guidelines set out by the Department of Health with regards to therapy and confidentiality.
I believe that everyone, with the right kind of support, has the potential to master their life struggles or mental health problems, despite what a person is facing or how they may be feeling.
My professional experience includes:
- Working in acute in-patient hospitals supporting people with mental health and drug/alcohol problems.
- NHS work in the community as a Senior Clinician in mental health teams, providing individual psychological interventions, group therapy and workshops.
- Professional Lead working in managerial and advisory roles alongside private therapy practice.
- CBT Therapist and Forensic Practitioner for the London Courts - providing therapy for people, producing mental health assessments for Judges and writing pre-sentence reports.
- Senior Practitioner Trainer and Therapist, designing and teaching CBT to support people and their loved ones to overcome a range of mental health conditions.
Alongside my private practice at Asana Health, I also consult as a therapist to a psychology firm within the City of London and I work in a London University supporting students with their mental health conditions. Coupled with this I am a freelance Consultant Trainer for doctors, mental health professionals and business on a range of CBT, Mindfulness and Recovery courses.
Some of the areas I may be able to help you with:
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
I work with people of all ages. I am able to work with children under the age of 16 years, accompanied by their parents, guardians or carers. On some occasions children prefer to be seen alone. I am happy to offer children below the age of 16 sessions on their own, with the consent of parents or guardians. When providing therapy for children I follow the guidelines set out by the Department of Health with regards to therapy and confidentiality.
Workshops and Courses
I also offer workshops and courses on overcoming Anxiety, Depression, Bi-polar, Psychosis, Mental Health Awareness, Mindfulness and Recovery. Anyone is welcome, whether you are experiencing these difficulties yourself, you care about and support someone who is, you are a business, or if you are a health professional or support staff.
I am happy to make appointments weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Please do get in touch with me directly to discuss your needs and how I can help you.
Call: 07495 514855
Separate fees apply for Assessment Reports for Solicitors, Court Reports, Pre-sentence Reports and ongoing therapy. Please feel welcome to get in touch with me for terms and conditions.
Training, qualifications & experience:
Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy with Merit
London Metropolitan University
Oct 2006 – May 2007
Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
London Meditation Centre
April– July 2012
BSc (Hons) Degree Mental Health Nursing (RMN) with 1st Class Honours
London South Bank University
Sep 2000 – June 2003
Diploma in Teaching, Supervision, Mentorship & Assessment in Clinical Practice with Distinction
Sep 2003 - July 2004
BA (Hons) Degree Fine Art, Photography & History of Art with 2:1 Honours
De Mont Fort University
Additional Professional Development Training
CBT for Worry & Clinical Perfectionism, Undercover Strengths and Build Resilience with CBT, Clinical Reflection & Supervision, Overcoming Depression, Mastering Psychosis - living with and beyond voices and unusual experiences, Teaching clients Mindfulness Skills, Motivational Interviewing, Deaf Awareness & Sign Language Training, Recovery Training for Trainers, CBT for Anger & Irritability, Emergency Life Support, Mental Health Act Capacity Training, Safe Guarding Children & Adults, Beating Worry & Procrastination, Care Programme Approach (CPA), Solution Focused Therapy, Emotional Regulation and understanding Self-Harm.