Sex & Relationship Therapy. Individual Counselling, Relationship & Couples Therapy, Compulsive Sexual Behaviours, Sex Addiction, Love Addiction, Sexual Function, Sexual Orientation, Biological Sex. EMDR provider.
A few words about myself
Cecily Criminale, MS, MEd, MA, MBACP (Reg.)
I am a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Psychosexual Therapist and EMDR provider, specialising in relationship and sexual issues and life transitions. I take the view that culture, society, family, biology, and psychology all contribute to our sense of self. Together, we explore your background, experiences, and relationship style in a safe, confidential environment to help you achieve a more rewarding relationship with yourself and others. Then, we will design a therapeutic process that is unique to your experience and your needs. My role is to support you through the issues you are currently facing and help you through the process of adopting new, more satisfying ways of being.
I also provide EMDR therapy to help clients move forward through trauma, current distressing situations that seem 'stuck' and/or to address disturbing fears of the future. I take an integrative, supportive approach to therapy provided in a discreet, confidential, and safe environment. I frequently work with expats and multinational individuals.
I work with the sexual issues below to help you explore the concern, assess the level of distress this is causing, map achievable goals, identify support resources and ultimately gain a greater sense of wellbeing.
- Compulsive Sexual Behaviours / Sex Addiction
- Love Addiction / Romance Addiction
- Maladaptive Daydreaming
- Sexual Fantasies
- Psychosexual Function / Sex Therapy
- Sexual Diversity
- Individuals and Couples
- Past Sexual or Relationship Trauma
I also work with:
- Life Transitions - My clients often ask, "Is that normal?" and "Can I change?". We don't always know what we need to make lasting changes. Sometimes, transition is easier with a supportive person experienced in helping you find your way. Therapists support you find what is normal, as YOU define it. We can also direct you to local resources to support your journey towards a happier, healthier you.
I am a Trustee of The Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity (ATSAC). I am also a General Member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
Education and Qualifications
- New York University, MA
- Rutgers University, MS
- Bank Street College of Education, MEd
- MBACP (Reg.)
- ATSAC (Qualified Member & Trustee)
- COSRT (General Member & Trainee who abides by the COSRT code of Ethics & practice)
Web site: www.CecilyCriminale.com ... where you can read more about how I work with Clients and also access publications and my articles on sexuality and neuroscience.